*Fitography patterns are only viewable after you create your body outline in the Pattern Fitter program.
EMILY- Semi fitted, shirt dress with short sleeves:
Shirt collar with separate band, 1 1/4” front opening placket, side front bust dart, back yoke. Breast and hip patch pockets with mock flap. For figures with larger busts, may need to sew flap only of breast pocket. Front and back waist darts may extend all the way to hem on some figures. Knee length but adjustable a few inches up or down.
FABRICS: Shirting, sateen, lightweight crepe, lightweight broadcloth, cotton blends, linen blends.
NOTIONS: Twelve 7/8” buttons. Fusible interfacing.
Current Version*: Emily_Dress_Pattern_00 / Emily_Dress_Drawing_00
*All of our dress patterns and sewing guides have been updated as of 9/14/20. Pattern versions were re-started at _00. (Previous versions only had 1 digit.)
Share this Product
I used the default ease settings, made not alterations whatsoever, and am really happy with the effortless fit. This dress turned out really comfortable and not constricting, even buttoned up.
The instructions are very clear and well illustrated, the construction of the mock flap pockets is very clever.
I will definitely sew up more of these in different fabrics, with sleeve variations.
I used the Emily as a basis for a simple t-shirt. "Normal" t-shirts always look very baggy on me, and I felt I could benefit from a little shaping. I made a few changes, lowered the neckline, and printed the pattern with 5 cm (2 inches) negative ease. I removed 3cm from the shoulder seam, to compensate for sagging due to stretch in the fabric. I love the fit of the tshirt, but unfortunately my sewing is not very good in this shirt.
The fit given by the back yoke and the fish eye darts gives me a smooth fit in the back. Normally I have to do a swayback adjustment, but this pattern fits me without fit alteration (except for the changes I made because I used a knit instead of a woven fabric) The pattern came together easily, and everything lined up great. I love the feature that the shoulder seam can be moved forward. Next time I will move it slightly more forward. There will be more tshirts based on this pattern!!!! (with neater sewing, and better neckline finish.........)
The combination of great bust fit and no fabric pooling above my buttocks, made that I could make this shirt shorter than my store bought tshirts. I like this look much better.
I am looking forward to sewing the Emily up as a dress in a woven.